Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Week 6, Question 1

I’m a Money Surgeon and Matt’s a Money Maestro!

Well, that’s what the money personality profiler on Sorted said anyway.

I like “order, stability, clear systems and being in charge”, while dear Matt likes the good things in life and is prone to “bursts of extravagant expenditure”.

Couldn’t have put it better myself!

I’ve often thought that we had very different ideas about money and this just confirms it.

We’ve had a joint account since we got married. Which has led to a few arguments over the years about where our money’s going.

But now I’m wondering if we should have our own accounts again – maybe with some “pocket money” for each of us to do with what we want. So I can buy my magazines and make-up without feeling guilty. And Matt can buy the odd CD or nice bottle of wine.

Worth a try? What do the rest of you do with your finances?

Steph

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will there be any bank fees on these separate accounts?

If yes, then I would say no as from your last budget figures you had less than $15 surplus per week between the both of you.

At the end of the day Matt has to learn to manage money better so whether this can be achieved by a separate account or restrictions or other methods is really up to you both...

 
At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a set allowance that you each recive into your seperate personal accounts each week to do with as you please. My feeling is that you as a woman who is not working need to have some financial freedom too. Personally, I would be setting half of my pocket money away in the event that the relationship goes belly up. You are in a vulnerable position as a non working mother. Just my opinion.

 
At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 5:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If their personalities are that different then they should get a divorce.

 
At Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not just let the controller personality control the finances? Works for me. My partner never even looks at our account but he enjoys hearing about my Trademe profits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home